Monday, April 23, 2012

Martina Mullaney/Beatrix Reinhardt

Instead of picking artists who directly relate to my project, I decided to pick two artits who's photos I really like.

Martina MullaneyShe was born in Ireland in 1972. I first saw her work in my History of Photography class. I was really drawn to the body of work titled "Turn In" mainly because of the simplicity of the photos. They were images of beds from halfway houses, of people who were trying to find their place in life.

UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled

The other artist I wanted to show was Beatrix Reinhardt. I really enjoyed the body of work titled "Club Series: "Members Only"" because there weren't any people in the images. I'm usually drawn to portraits or images with a certain subject in them, so I was kindof surprised when I liked this body of work. The images are taken in different types of clubs in varying parts of the world.




Nicolette Kampf

No comments:

Post a Comment